What does Google Analytics mean?
Google Analytics is a technology from Google to collect, analyze and interpret data of visitors to take future action.
some of the common uses of Google Analytics include:
- learning where visitors came from (for that session)
- understanding the volume and trend of visitors coming from various search engines, through paid and unpaid means
- identifying the technology profiles of web site visitors: what browsers are visitors using? what are the common screen resolutions? (etc)
- tracking eCommerce trends, including cart completion, daily revenue, and more
- seeing what content on a site is most popular and most engaging to site visitors
- exploring where in the world visitors to the site live, from country by country popularity down to the city level.